Extension Of The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (1 November 2020)
The key points on the (continued) CJRS furlough scheme are:
- Available to all employers
- Continues throughout November 2020
- Staff can be on full furlough (doing no work for the employer) or be flexibly furloughed (part working, part on furlough).
- In both situations the employer pays just the NI and Employer Pension Contributions, and
- The Government gives a grant of 80% of wages, up to a cap of £2,500 per month.
- Employees must be on the Employer’s PAYE payroll at 30th October which means a Real Time Information (RTI) submission must have been made to HMRC for that employee by 30th October.
- While the Government updates the claim system, employers will submit wage claims to the Government and be refunded afterwards. Once the system has been updated, Employers will be paid up front to cover staff wage costs.
- Claims can be for a minimum period of 7 days.
The Job Support Scheme will be introduced following the end of the CJRS.
The Government will announce further details shortly.