Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (12 April 2020)
We want to help you get ready to make a claim under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.
If you’re eligible for the scheme, there are things that you can do now to be ready when the system is up and running later this month.
You’ll need to provide the following to make a claim:
- The bank account number and sort code you’d like us to use when we pay your claim.
- The name and phone number of the person in your business for us to call with any questions.
- Your Self-Assessment UTR (Unique Tax Reference), Company UTR or CRN (Company Registration Number).
- The name, employee number and National Insurance number for each of your furloughed employees.
- The total amount being claimed for all employees and the total furlough period.
If you use us as your agent and we are authorised with HMRC to act for you for PAYE purposes, then we will be able to make a claim on your behalf, so please speak to us now.
However, if you use a file-only agent (files your RTI return but doesn’t act for you in other matters), which is the case for a number of clients then we shall not be allowed to make a claim for you and you’ll need the information listed above to make the claim yourself. If you do not have this already then please contact us.
For more detailed advice, please visit GOV.UK. This guidance is being regularly updated, so please review it frequently.
HMRC have recorded a webinar which you may also find helpful, ‘Coronavirus (COVID-19) Job Retention Scheme‘, available on HMRC’s YouTube channel.
HMRC will email you again in the next few days with more details on how and when to access the online system.
We wish you all the best at this challenging time,